Interested in joining us? Have a look at the RRAP job vacancies and Higher Degree Research opportunities available below.
Southern Cross University’s National Marine Science Centre is seeking an Airborne Scientific Instrumentation Technician to support the Cooling and Shading sub-program of the Reef Restoration and Adaptation Program (RRAP).
With a primary focus on the development of interventions to reduce coral bleaching stress, the Instrumentation Technician will be responsible for assisting the research team setup, maintain and operate a wide range of scientific instrumentation.
The instrumentation in this research program is deployed on a variety of platforms including marine vessels, manned aircraft, unmanned aircraft (drones), and offshore structures (weather towers, research stations), and includes aircraft-based cloud microphysical sensors, meteorological and aerosol instrumentation and oceanographic spectrometers.
Your core responsibilities will include:
Positions Close on Sunday 29th September 2022.
For more information: Southern Cross University - Airborne Scientific Instrumentation Technician (nga.net.au)
Are you a highly motivated and experienced communication professional? Would you love to work on one of the world’s most treasured natural icons?
So if this sounds like you, we’d love you to apply for one of our various communication positions — from APS5, APS6 and EL1 levels. These roles may be based in any of the Reef Authority locations including; Townsville (preferred), Cairns, Gladstone, Yeppoon or Canberra in both an ongoing and non-going capacity.
The ideal candidates will be part of a dynamic communications section which is a specialist team of qualified, experienced and creative communication professionals who provide strategic communication and marketing planning and expertise, media and issues management, and online channel management.
Our key role is to ensure a consistent, coherent and professional approach to communication, both within the Reef Authority and externally with our partners, key stakeholders, Reef visitors and the general public. Our section works to promote the Reef Authority’s role, the Reef’s values, and efforts to protect this World Heritage natural wonder.
The following opportunities are currently available:
• Marketing and Content Officer (APS 5 ongoing) supports the marketing and digital team to develop and implement strategically-aligned content across our online platforms; assists with market and digital analytics and evaluation, and campaign management.
• Marketing Manager (APS6 ongoing) primarily responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the Reef Authority’s marketing strategy and campaigns to positions us as the authoritative voice for the Reef.
• Internal Communications Manager (APS6 ongoing) leads our internal communication and marketing for our employees who work in a range of regional locations in Queensland and Canberra.
• Assistant Director – Digital and Marketing (EL1 ongoing) provide strategic brand, marketing and digital handling advice to manage issues and position us as the authoritative voice for the Reef.
• Assistant Director – Strategic Communications (EL1 non-ongoing) responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating major communication programs, complex projects, media management and providing strategic input to positions us as the authoritative voice for the Reef.
Applications for this bulk recruitment round close on 25 September 2022.
Find out More here: Communication Opportunities - Vacancy Details – Aurion